Thank God it’s Monday
(Humor in the Workplace}
( You receive a bonus copy of Let the Laughter Begin( 17 workplace cartoons) with your purchase.
Contents of ” Thank God It’s Monday” ( Humour in the Workplace)
* Why Humour in the Workplace
* How to Develop a Happy and Healthy Workplace
* How to Sharpen Your Own Sense of Humour
* The Motivating Power of Humour and Positive Attitude
* How to Use Humour to Solve People Problems
* Humour in Creative Problem Solving
* Humour Oriented Leadership
* Humour Oriented Management
* How to Start of Humourt Program in Your Workplace
* Humour as a Marketing Tool
* How to Use Humour and Attitude to Reduce Stress and Avoid Burnout
* How to Have Fun in the Workplace and Increase Productivity in the Process
* The Social Benefits of Humour
A Sample from
“Thank God it’s Monday”
WHY HUMOR IN THE WORKPLACE
by Mike Moore
1. Humor in the workplace reduces stress levels and stress is the number one problem confronting employees today.
2. Laughter boosts morale while stress erodes staff morale. It is in the best interest of any business to invest in the happiness of its employees. Laughter is an effective barometer of just how happy your people are.
3. Keeping things in perspective tends to boost morale and humor helps us keep things in perspective.
4. Workplace humor helps facilitate change. Change is inevitable and people who laugh well and often tend to be more flexible and adaptable.
5. Communication improves when humor is used appropriately. The timely use of humor can get a point across effectively and assists in the process of problem solving.
6. Laughter and humor in the workplace relieve boredom and increase creative energy.
7. Humor builds confidence. When we laugh at ourselves we are less rigid and more spontaneous. We tend to bounce back more quickly when negative things happen. Humor also makes us less fearful of making mistakes and more confident about overcoming setbacks.
8. Laughter and humor promote positive relationships. When you hear a funny story your first impulse is to tell someone and share the laughter. When laughter is shared a natural bonding takes place.
9. Humor promotes happiness and joy. It’s good to be alive.
10. Quality relationships are measured by the amount of laughter present. When relationships are good, people laugh a lot. The same applies to businesses. When employees enjoy one another and laugh easily and often, we see performance improve and profits increase.
11. The humor I speak of here must never be based on laughing at someone, racism, sexism, put downs, sarcasm or ridicule. These forms of humor are destructive attempts at making one look good by making another look and feel badly. There is enough good humor to last a lifetime. Just look for it.
THEY WHO LAUGH…………LAST.
This is an excerpt from Mike’s latest e-book
“Thank God It’s Monday” ( Humor in the Workplace)
ORDER A COPY of the complete 40 page report
as a download ONLY $5.00 (Canadian)