Tell Me a Story ( 30 Life Lesson Stories)
Let’s face it…We all love to tell and be told stories at every age. Some say that we listen to over 100,000 stories a year and that is considered a conservative estimate. To help you get started as a magnetic storyteller I am offering 30 stories from my vast collection of over 700. I know you will enjoy them and find them helpful.
Ten Ways to Become a Captivating Storyteller By Mike Moore
People love to be told stories but are easily turned off when they are told poorly. Here are ten effective tips to make sure your stories are told well and captivate your listeners.
1. Be on the lookout for stories throughout your day. Stories are everywhere so carry a notepad with you and jot the storyline down in point form. Flesh it out later.
2. Know the story you are going to tell.
3. Keep it short, crisp and flowing.
4. Don’t be afraid to make it your own.
5. Tell the story don’t read it. Anyone can read a story not everyone can tell a story well.
6. Use your voice for dramatic effect.
7. Never let a story drag on and on.
8. Don’t get bogged down with detail.
9. Insert stories into general conversation whenever you get the chance. I heard the other day… I read in the paper recently about… I saw a man/woman in the coffee shop and….
These are just a few of the many ways to insert your story into conversation.
10. Never explain your story to your listeners. Let the story speak for itself.
Just You Wait (Attributed to Leo Buscaglia) Theme:Positive Thinking
Select type of animation for element to be animated when it “enters” the browsers viewport (Note: works only in modern browsers).