1. Humour in the workplace reduces stress levels and stress is the number one problem confronting employees today.
2. Laughter,positive attitude and recognition boost morale while stress erodes staff morale and alienation. It is in the best interest of any business to invest in the happiness of its employees. Laughter is an effective barometer of just how happy your people are. When positive attitude and recognition are added to the mix great things happen that impact positively on both health and safety. When employees feel appreciated, they tend to have a more confident and positive attitude and are more focused when doing tasks that involve caution and attention.
3. Keeping things in perspective tends to boost morale and humor helps us keep things in perspective.
4. Workplace humour helps facilitate change. Change is inevitable and people who laugh well and often tend to be more flexible and adaptable.
5. Communication improves when humour is used appropriately. The timely use of humour can get a point across effectively and assists in the process of problem solving.
6. Laughter and humour in the workplace relieve boredom and increase creative energy.
7. Humour builds confidence. When we laugh at ourselves we are less rigid and more spontaneous. We tend to bounce back more quickly when negative things happen. Humour also makes us less fearful of making mistakes and more confident about overcoming setbacks.
8. Laughter and humour promote positive relationships. When you hear a funny story your first impulse is to tell someone and share the laughter. When laughter is shared a natural bonding takes place. So humour and laughter tend to promote a sense of team and co-operation.
9. Humour promotes happiness and joy. It’s good to be alive.
10. Quality relationships are measured by the amount of laughter present. When relationships are good, people laugh a lot. The same applies to businesses. When employees enjoy one another and laugh easily and often, we see performance improve and profits increase.
11. The humour I speak of here must never be based on laughing at someone, racism, sexism, put downs, sarcasm or ridicule. These forms of humour are destructive attempts at making one look good by making another look and feel badly. There is enough good humour to last a lifetime. Just look for it.
When I refer to the positive role humour has on health and safety it is important to point out that I do not mean that humour and laughter should be present when people are doing dangerous tasks. That would be irresponsible and distracting. I believe that humour bonds people to one another thus promoting a sense of focussed attention, team co-operation, and caring for the health and safety of those with whom they work ESPECIALLY on hazardous tasks.
THEY WHO LAUGH…………LAST.
This is an excerpt from Mike’s latest e-book “Thank God It’s Monday”
BONUS with every purchase… Let the Laughter Begin ( 17 Workplace Cartoons by Mike |Moore)
100% Money Back Guarantee
For More Information On Hiring Mike
CALL ME AND WE CAN TALK EAR TO EAR
519 753 0702
workplace cartoons, cartoons in the workplace, workplace humour, workplace humor, humour in the workplace, humor in the workplace
To contact Mike Moore about his work, phone (519) 753-0702 or email@example.com