10 Terrific Self Motivating Tips
By Mike Moore
No one can motivate anyone to do anything. All a person can do for another is
provide them with incentives to motivate themselves. Here are ten very effective
strategies to help you get up and get moving toward actualizing your enormous,
* Be willing to leave your comfort zone. The greatest barrier to achieving your
potential is your comfort zone. Great things happen when you make friends with your discomfort zone.
* Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Wisdom helps us avoid making mistakes and comes from making a million of them.
* Don’t indulge in self-limiting thinking. Think empowering, expansive thoughts.
*Choose to be happy. Happy people are easily motivated. Happiness is your
birthright so don’t settle for anything else.
* Spend at least one hour a day in self-development. Read good books or listen to inspiring tapes. Driving to and from work provides an excellent opportunity to listen to self-improvement tapes.
* Train yourself to finish what you start. So many of us become scattered as we
try to accomplish a task. Finish one task before you begin another.
* Live fully in the present moment. When you live in the past or the future you
aren’t able to make things happen in the present.
* Commit yourself to joy. C.S. Lewis once said, “Joy is the serious business of
* Never quit when you experience a setback or frustration. Success could be just
around the corner.
* Dare to dream big dreams. If there is anything to the law of expectation then we are moving in the direction of our dreams, goals and expectations.
The real tragedy in life is not in how much we suffer, but rather in how much we
miss, so don’t miss a thing.
Charles Dubois once said, “We must be prepared, at any moment, to sacrifice who we are for who we are capable of becoming.”
Mike Moore is an international speaker/writer on the role of appreciation, praise
and humor in performance motivation and human potential. You are invited to preview his FREE Lifeline Newsletter Would love you to join my Happy Gang while there.