“Health and Safety rules and regulations are vitally important but they are just the beginning.”
” Any leader without a sense of humour is like a grass-cutter at a cemetery; they have a lot of people under them paying absolutely NO attention.”
Thank God It’s Monday
(Humor in the Workplace)
“Humour makes Great things Happen.”
Contents of ” Thank God It’s Monday” ( Humour,Attitude and Recognition in the Workplace)
* Why Humour in the Workplace
* How to Develop a Happy and Healthy and Safe Workplace
* How to Sharpen Your Own Sense of Humour
* The Motivating Power of Humour and Positive Attitude
* How to Use Humour to Solve People Problems
* Humour in Creative Problem Solving
* Humour Oriented Leadership
* Humour Oriented Management
* How to Start of Humourt Program in Your Workplace
* Humour as a Marketing Tool
* How to Use Humour and Attitude to Reduce Stress and Avoid Burnout
* How to Have Fun in the Workplace and Increase Productivity in the Process
* The Social Benefits of Humour
A Sample from
“Thank God it’s Monday”
WHY HUMOUR, POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND RECOGNITION IN THE WORKPLACE
by Mike Moore
1. Humour in the workplace reduces stress levels and stress is the number one problem confronting employees today.
2. Laughter,positive attitude and recognition boost morale while stress erodes staff morale and alienation. It is in the best interest of any business to invest in the happiness of its employees. Laughter is an effective barometer of just how happy your people are. When positive attitude and recognition are added to the mix great things happen that impact positively on both health and safety. When employees feel appreciated, they tend to have a more confident and positive attitude and are more focused when doing tasks that involve caution and attention.
3. Keeping things in perspective tends to boost morale and humor helps us keep things in perspective.
4. Workplace humour helps facilitate change. Change is inevitable and people who laugh well and often tend to be more flexible and adaptable.
5. Communication improves when humour is used appropriately. The timely use of humour can get a point across effectively and assists in the process of problem solving.
6. Laughter and humour in the workplace relieve boredom and increase creative energy.
7. Humour builds confidence. When we laugh at ourselves we are less rigid and more spontaneous. We tend to bounce back more quickly when negative things happen. Humour also makes us less fearful of making mistakes and more confident about overcoming setbacks.
8. Laughter and humour promote positive relationships. When you hear a funny story your first impulse is to tell someone and share the laughter. When laughter is shared a natural bonding takes place. So humour and laughter tend to promote a sense of team and co-operation.
9. Humour promotes happiness and joy. It’s good to be alive.
10. Quality relationships are measured by the amount of laughter present. When relationships are good, people laugh a lot. The same applies to businesses. When employees enjoy one another and laugh easily and often, we see performance improve and profits increase.
11. The humour I speak of here must never be based on laughing at someone, racism, sexism, put downs, sarcasm or ridicule. These forms of humour are destructive attempts at making one look good by making another look and feel badly. There is enough good humour to last a lifetime. Just look for it.
When I refer to the positive role humour has on health and safety it is important to point out that I do not mean that humour and laughter should be present when people are doing dangerous tasks. That would be irresponsible and distracting. I believe that humour bonds people to one another thus promoting a sense of focussed attention, team co-operation, and caring for the health and safety of those with whom they work ESPECIALLY on hazardous tasks.
THEY WHO LAUGH…………LAST.
This is an excerpt from Mike’s latest e-book “Thank God It’s Monday”
(Humour in the Workplace)
GET A COPY of the complete 40 page report
as a download ONLY $10.00 (Canadian)
BONUS with every purchase… Let the Laughter Begin ( 17 Workplace Cartoons by Mike |Moore)
Click Here to Purchase
100% Money Back Guarantee
For More Information On Hiring Mike
Check out how he is eager to work with you and your budget
NO reasonable offer plus expenses is refused
CALL ME AND WE CAN TALK EAR TO EAR
519 753 0702
workplace cartoons, cartoons in the workplace, workplace humour, workplace humor, humour in the workplace, humor in the workplace